Informatica is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Thousands of organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives and fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks.
IT applications team manages all the Enterprise platforms that host the mission critical applications for Informatica. This includes the Sales marketing applications, Web applications, CRM application, Finance and HR applications. The Enterprise platforms include Jive, Salesforce, Sharepoint, PeopleSoft, Microstrategy and Informatica products. We are a dynamic team spread across geographies serving internal and external customers. The delivery team, primarily based out of India office, develops and supports the applications running on these platforms.
As part of the delivery process Informatica is in the process of setting up a formal QA program.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work within a tightly knit, high energy team, and expand your skills working with Informatica Tools.
As a QA Lead, you are expected to play a major role in the driving a far reaching extensive Quality program that includes Quality assurance as well as quality engineering. You will be having a team as well as consultants providing point expertise as needed. You will own execution of the Quality Vision and you will be providing visibility to senior IT management. You will be driving Test Harness initiative for IT applications.
Our ideal candidate
• You are a highly motivated, talented leader with the ability and successful experience in building a strong QA teams
• Demonstrated ability in designing and building automation framework
• You have lead best practices driven QA programs in agile environments
• Demonstrate ability to operate effectively in a quick-paced, dynamic environment, have strong technical skills as well as ability to work with distributed teams.
• A self-starter, initiative oriented leader comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrate a high level of communication skills written and spoken.
You will be part of a highly talented, tightly knit and motivated leadership team and will be responsible for driving the QA program objectives. The role responsibilities entail
• Leading the India QA team providing QA services in Bangalore
• Selecting and mentoring trainees/interns
• Implementing and maintaining automation framework for IT Applications
• Create, maintain and execute automated and exploratory user testing strategies
• Manage and provide oversight of QA Service Providers to ensure program objectives and deliverables are met
• Gather, analyze and present to IT management the QA program metrics – operational and strategic
• Contributing to and ensuring adherence to Informatica IT’s global guidelines, standards, methodologies and frameworks
• Ensure that the QA team performs effectively as gates in the overall delivery lifecycle
• Minimum 8-12 years of experience in QA domain
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience of leading a QA team of 10 members or more
• Must have a strong background in software engineering, testing, and automation to drive the overall planning, execution, tracking, and delivery of projects within the organization.
• Deep expertise in Functional automation testing framework based on tools like QTP, Selenium
• Experience in performance testing tools like Loadrunner, Gomez
• Demonstrated experience with SaaS/web application testing
• Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with peers and management, including interacting with a globally distributed team
• Excellent customer focus
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Four year degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, information technology, or systems engineering
• Developer background in Java or .NET
• Experience in Agile lifecycles
• Hands-on experience in designing and implementing automation framework
Informatica offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, flexible time off and more. Our generous benefits vary depending on your geographic work location. It’s an exciting time to work at Informatica, you can learn more about our company, and our products and services at www.informatica.com We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).