The WW Traffic team employs several advertising channels to be able to bring customers to Amazon – Paid Search, Free Search, Core Associates, Enterprise Associates, Email marketing, Goldbox deals, Online Display, Social Media, Browser Integration and Life stage marketing. We have systems that are able to monitor customer behavior on Amazon.com, correlate purchases and browsing history on the internet, and come up with intelligent advertising campaigns that would maximize the benefit to Amazon. We do this by calculating the probability of a customer making a purchase because of an advertisement, the cost of showing that advertisement, and make a data based decision on what advertisement is best to surface.
Amazon’s Deals & Events team is looking for experienced, innovative, results-oriented Software Development Engineers. Successful candidates are enthusiastic about web services, e-commerce and capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to working software solutions. You must be comfortable taking initiative and working across teams. Our engineers are top-notch software developers who love working as a team and proactively take the lead whenever necessary. You will work closely with Amazon traffic technology and Amazon core systems to build state of the art web services to provide programmatic access to Amazon features and data.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Work closely with the architects to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Builds software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Designs and defines the interaction between the other component pieces
- Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience in Perl, Java, C++ and object oriented design.
- Linux (or UNIX) background.
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- 5+ years experience of successful production software deployments.
- Experience with large-scale multi-tiered systems and service-oriented architecture.
- Master’s degree or relevant work experience
- Experience developing for mobile devices (IOS, Android)
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
- Will have experience designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Ideal candidates will show excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.